Got A Question?

Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture. Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.


There are a lot of things to consider as you go through your divorce. From property division to the future of your children, we can help you plan for the future. We also handle the dissolution of common law marriages. Oklahoma is one of the few remaining states that recognizes common law marriages and if your relationship qualifies as a common law marriage you can only end the relationship by getting a divorce.

There are certain residency requirements to get a divorce in Oklahoma, if you have lived in Oklahoma for 6 months you may file for divorce.  You must file your case in the county in which your spouse lives, or in which you have lived at least 30 days.

To file a divorce, you must pay a filing fee as well as fees to serve the documents on your spouse.

Pizzini Law Firm will prepare the documents for an uncontested divorce at a reduced fee.  Uncontested Divorce is when the parties agree on the terms of the divorce and there are no issues for the court or judge to decide.  One of the parties can sign a waiver and after signing the decree does not even have to appear in court.  Our firm will only represent one of the parties in an uncontested divorce, we are prohibited by statute from representing both spouses in a divorce.

How long does a divorce take?

If both parties are in agreement to the terms of the divorce and there are no children, a divorce may be granted 10 days after the filing of the petition.  It is necessary for your spouse to execute a waiver which will include a waiver of process.

In a divorce where there are minor children involved, there is a 90-day waiting period from the date of service of the summons, the first date of publication or an entry of appearance by the defendant, whichever occurs first.
The 90-day waiting period may be waived under certain circumstances. If your spouse hires an attorney and contests the action, the case could take longer than 90 days.